Sunday, January 7, 2018

It's Sunday with One Loose Thread

This has been a very busy and fulfilling day.

I started my day by finishing up a client's custom quilt. That took about 2 hours. Then I pulled it down for pictures...another hour. After those photos, I spent another hour or so working with them and setting them up as a 'smile box'.

I do a smile box for most of my custom clients. I try to take the quilt from start to finish in a really good slideshow format. Yes, I even include my problems when I create a tuck in the back, but, I also show how I take care of the other issues that might occur with wavy borders or really 'full' blocks. It helps both of us to remember what happened and how the issues were addressed.

Then, I decided that I wanted some outside photos of the quilt....Did I say it is REALLY COLD in South Carolina right now? Well, it is, but outside I went. Took those pictures and came back in to edit them. That took another hour.

Then it was time to trim the quilt...did that. Now I have just spent the last hour removing all of the basting threads from the quilt. Finally, it is ready to place in the bag for pick up.

Invoice posted to client and 'Smile Box' sent to client and posted to the blog.

Started all of this around 9:00 this morning. It is now around 4:00 and it is Bull Bat Time for sure.

So, I have poured a glass of Pinot Grigio and I will now settle back and enjoy the evening. That said, I am going to go cut more half square triangles and work on Bonnie Hunter's mystery, 'On Ringo Lake'. I am very close to being ready to piece the blocks.

May all of your seams be 1/4"...............


No comments: